Chaos in Ferguson. Sunday night, part 4
- no, this isn’t over;
- no, these aren’t from earlier in the week;
- no, everything isn’t alright now;
- no, the police haven’t stopped brutalizing peaceful protesters;
- no, police haven’t intervened to stop the looting;
- no, police haven’t responded to emergency 911 calls for people injured by rubber bullets or children hit by cars;
- no, michael brown’s shooter still has not faced any consequences for murdering an unarmed teenager 9 days ago
my white protesters please remember that you’re rarely at the same risk we are when you stand up for what is right
I’m not gonna stop reblogging these reminders
As hard as it is for white people to take a stand, realize we have it so much easier than others.
- Look at the #Ferguson tag on Twitter and toggle between the everything, videos, and photos. Things tend to get filtered in weird ways on Twitter.
I’m getting scared as fuck to be alive right now.
Pretty grand start to my birthday week. No sarcasm, literally want to cry for joy right now because my new foot doctor ROCKS and he made me feel so at ease and gave me a shot to numb my pain…. GUYS… I am able to stand for the first time since May without ANY pain. I forgot what this feels like and I want to cry! The numbness will only last a couple of hours, but I am grateful for however much time I get of being pain free! I can do my little “happy tap dance” that I always used to do!! Just have to share this moment of joy while I have it! :)
4) How do I overcome my fear of being seen/fear of visibility?
Here are some activities that in my experience have helped!
Growing up incredibly shy, I was always afraid that people would see me and be offended by the fact that I looked different from everyone else. I was afraid that they would see me and think that I was ugly. After recovering from anorexia during my freshman year of high school, I realized that I should not only learn to accept myself for who I am and how I was made but also LOVE myself for my individuality. Once you are able to love yourself and take pride in who you are, other people will begin to love and respect you as well.
this girl extremely wise and beautiful and has a lovely voice. great video :)))