1. Don’t compare yourself to others. You are totally unique, and have different talents, abilities and strengths.
2. Never criticise or put yourself down. There are plenty of others who will do that for you. You need to be your biggest, and you greatest, fan. Be understanding, gentle and kind to yourself.
3. Consciously accept every compliment you get and see them as accurate and genuinely meant. Don’t brush them off as stupid, wrong, or meaningless.
4. Keep affirming yourself until it changes how you feel. It may feel false at first when you say something like “I accept myself completely– and believe I’m valuable”. But as you constantly repeat it you’ll find that, over time, you do accept and value the person that you are.
5. Surround yourself with positive, encouraging people. If you hang out with people who always put you down, and never seem to like or approve of your ideas, then you’ll soon stop believing in yourself as well (and it will also crush your creativity).
6. Make a list of your successes and accomplishments – like playing an instrument, learning how to cook, passing an exam, graduating from high school, or getting into college, or receiving an award. Review this list often – and be proud of yourself!
7. Make a list of your positive qualities and traits. Are you an honest, reliable and caring friend? Do you make time for others? Do you try to do your best? Again, review this list often, and get into the habit of focusing on your positive qualities and traits.
8. Spend your time doing things that you are good at, and enjoy. We become more alive when we’re doing things we love - and that naturally increases our self-confidence (as we’re being our true selves and not just acting out a role).
9. Get involved. If you sit on the sidelines and avoid all challenges then you won’t be able to achieve much in life. But if you push through the feelings of anxiety and fear, then you’ll grow, be successful, and have higher self esteem.
10. Be true to yourself; live a life that’s really “you”. Don’t let other people decide what you should do, or what is best for you, or who they think that you should be. You only have one life – choose your own path – just be you!
All of this stuff is true, true, true, and I cannot advocate it enough.
ESPECIALLY the stuff about surrounding yourself with positive people. it’s not even just about your immediate social circle, it’s about the magazines you read, the actresses you like, the tv shows you watch. ALL of those affect the way you feel about yourself. This is why I so strongly advocate surrounding yourself with tumblr followers who are positive, kind, and lovely. If you spend a lot of time on tumblr, seeing bodies that look like yours, opinions that are like yours, people who agree that people outside the ‘norm’ ARE normal, beautiful, worthy, it helps so much!
- smart-idiot-or-stupid-genius likes this
- ssugs likes this
- bittergreen likes this
- mysteriousbeautifulspirit likes this
- mysteriousbeautifulspirit reblogged this from naturalhairnaturalbeauty
- senzaluce likes this
- crazygagirl reblogged this from hipsandcurves
- anangelslight likes this
- italianbella9469 likes this
- analboi likes this
- heavy-mind likes this
- kickincici reblogged this from hipsandcurves
- bellecosby likes this
- allons-y-23 reblogged this from biggerbadderlatterday
- lovewrotealetter reblogged this from biggerbadderlatterday
- claythomsonn reblogged this from biggerbadderlatterday
- mormon-face likes this
- boogerzmcgee reblogged this from biggerbadderlatterday
- biggerbadderlatterday reblogged this from believeinrecovery
- triforcep0wa reblogged this from chessieness
- bloodbonesvoiceghost reblogged this from chessieness
- noobadventures reblogged this from rubyredriots
- noobadventures likes this
- bona-fide-realist reblogged this from rubyredriots
- anitajainrants likes this
- rubyredriots reblogged this from chessieness
- mollycup reblogged this from thisurlishumorous
- ladyfabulous likes this
- thetoxxicchronic likes this
- thisurlishumorous reblogged this from chessieness
- homominaj likes this
- thepoeticartist likes this
- prompto-striders reblogged this from lady-yui
- kasai-kit likes this
- lauri-haro likes this
- selfcarepropaganda reblogged this from chessieness
- homograham likes this
- botanikarin reblogged this from erenjaega
- lady-yui likes this
- erenjaega reblogged this from pochamas
- meadowpossum reblogged this from bipolargamer
- rin--amber likes this
- bipolargamer reblogged this from thehangedpriestess
- blahhhblahhbla reblogged this from chessieness
- blahhhblahhbla likes this
- heyitsjessijay reblogged this from chessieness
- thehangedpriestess reblogged this from awesomethingsaregoodforyou
- thehangedpriestess likes this