Because I generally, truly am, too eager.
Incredibly uncool, I know, I am self aware enough to know that I am incredibly uncool. Wahhh. It happens.
ANNIE ELANIEY WHY ARE YOU ME? I am also over eager when i genuinely like someone. and its apparently off putting from GUYS any way, I think girls kinda like when they see another girl is keen on them… And I embrace the fact that i am uncool. dorktastic. just be you. she’ll deal.
It’s truly a wonder to me that so many of us are so innately socially inept that we have to be so cautious with how we communicate our affections with newcomers. We struggle with wanting to communicate how we feel but not over communicate it. “How can I let them know that I am interested without losing all control and appearing creepy?” This is a COMMON question; as though the majority of society has somehow gotten the hang of controlling their emotions and we completely missed that class.
I am seriously at a loss when I think about how people can act so “cool” about someone they are attracted to. Like, HOW? How do you play that game? (Not to erase people who are actually nonchalant, more referring to legit “game players”) It doesn’t even sound like fun! It sounds like some kind of weird, “upper hand”, “control”, game, practically manipulative, because that’s what I feel social games are. People aren’t prizes after a “chase” (another game), it’s borderline objectifying. People who “love the chase” and then once they “get them”, they lose interest. In my opinion, you didn’t see them as a potential partner or a human being in the first place, it was all about the game. You go real, or you go home.
One day, someone will like how uncool we are, not only indulge, but actually embrace, find it endearing. That’s how we’ve managed to make friends, I think! The people who truly love us stick around through all the weird.
- leatherluncheon reblogged this from annieelainey
- supersandys-space likes this
- iamacollectionofmiscellanyandtea likes this
- herecomeslesun likes this
- and-just-remember-to-smile likes this
- a-toaster-or-something reblogged this from annieelainey
- destinyskind likes this
- annieelainey reblogged this from pieces-of-emilie and added:
- marcharsealasmontanas likes this
- hitlerstesticle likes this
- geneticquirk reblogged this from annieelainey
- pieces-of-emilie reblogged this from annieelainey and added:
- chelslove said: I have the same problem :( ALWAYS too eager and everyone just think’s I’m weird because of it xD
- shamelesssweetheart likes this
- pieces-of-emilie likes this
- jack-rabbit reblogged this from annieelainey
- jack-rabbit likes this
- youarebeautiful likes this
- dancinginthegrocerystore likes this
- forrestbondurant likes this
- annieelainey posted this